What To Do If You Can’t Pay Your Mortgage

If you’re having trouble making your mortgage payments, please read the following information. There are resources available to help you do the following:

  • Develop a plan to bring your loan current,
  • Adjust your monthly payments to better fit your financial situation, or
  • Skip a payment in the case of temporary employment hardship, such as a layoff or medical leave
Please contact CountryPlace Mortgage Delinquency team at 1-800-228-1828 and make sure you have the following:
  • A copy of your pay stubs for the last 2 months
  • Bank statements for the last 2 months
  • Your monthly household expense budget
  • A completed Financial Statement Form
  • Hardship letter signed by the borrower(s) explaining the reason for assistance
Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) Benefits Eligible servicemembers and their spouses or civil partners may receive:
  • Foreclosure protection
  • Fee protection
  • A special loan modification program for those facing financial challenges
  • A reduced mortgage interest rate without fees or refinancing
These benefits last for 12 months after the end of Active Duty Orders. If you are an active duty member of the military, including the Reserves or the National Guard, and your loan was originated prior to your active duty date, you may be eligible for benefits.

The following organizations can provide foreclosure prevention options:

Get started now

Fill out an online application today. It's easy.

Checklist complete?

Get your documents in order and we'll handle the rest.

NADA Guides

Value your mobile, modular
or manufactured home.